Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother’s Day – It’s complicated

If you want me, I’ll be building a stone wall around my butterfly garden.  I’m really pretty proud of it; I’m building it myself!  That counts as exercise, right?  I know it's Mother’s Day and I‘m supposed to be pampered by my kids.…whatever!

My rock wall...in the works!

Ever since Josh died, I choose to spend this holiday close to home, usually piddling around my flower beds, and that’s ok.  I make no apologies for this. 
What will we do for lunch since I’m definitely not cooking?  TAKEOUT!  When Brad asked what we were doing for lunch?  Stephi giggled when she told him she promised to go pick up lunch for me. 


Phil Vassar singing "Carlene"
Yep, I have two wonderful daughters I love to hang out with, and we can get pretty silly together.  Just last week, Stephi and I flew out to be with Britt in Oklahoma.  We did some shoppin, lots of eating, and took a road trip to see my fave country singer Phil Vassar, in a concert in the middle of a field in rural Oklahoma. 
The best part came when the girls got to meet Phil;  It was true love for them!  Phil's music has brought so much joy to our lives, and now they know he’s a great guy too.  Sitting before the concert laughing with the girls, making new friends, and then jammin' to songs full of great memories, are my joys of motherhood.
Britt & Stephi meeting Phil
 



I cherish my girls and love them like crazy. They know that, and as sisters who lost their brother, they totally “get me”.  We just talked about it in Oklahoma, and they are cool with my Mother's Day choices.   They see me smiling and laughing with them when we're together, and that’s all they care about.


This is one of my new friends.  What a cutie!!!
 
 
Oh how I love making new memories with them!  I wish Josh was there, and he’s not.  At times, it makes me sad; at times it brings me to my knees.  I am so blessed to have loved someone so dearly that I still miss him like crazy 3 ½ years after his death.
So please make those reservations, fight the crowds for a great meal if you want, send flowers to your mom, and cherish them.  I will take mine at home and work on my wall….and probably get dragged out to the golf range because did I tell you?  I just started golf lessons.  More on that next time.

Wishing you a Heartfelt Happy Mother’s Day!

Hugs,
Sherri


4 comments:

  1. You get to do it just your way, and we are cheering you on. Sweet comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Your support is so comforting!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Karen. Your support is so comforting!

      Delete