Wednesday, May 2, 2012

6 pounds of chaos-Stealth style

Stephi is running around the house with a cat toy on a stick trying to wear out stealth kitty...who will wear out first?  My bet is on Stephi.

We brought this sweet little guy home 4 months ago and I could see the change in my daughter immediately.  Who would think a little living fur ball could impact a 6' teenage girl?


I LOVE to put toys in shoes...now where is that toy?


I am so thrilled!  This is the first time I've seen her smile regularly in a long time and she volunteers to be responsible for him too...what more could I ask for?  Well maybe a clean bedroom.

Did I tell you he does tricks?  OK maybe it should be classified as a fetish....he kisses eyelashes.  No, you read that statement right, this little kitten gets up into your face and kisses eyelashes.  I am so glad I wear glasses!  It is the strangest thing to watch and noone is excluded.  Be forewarned.

Isn't it amazing what can come into our lives and change our view of it if only a little bit?

I envy his energy!  I come home and become one with the couch or the bed, while he leaps in the air 2 feet chasing a mouse on a stick...is he dumb or clever? 

I have nicknamed him "stealth kitty" although pinball kitty might be more fitting...anything you call him, the little guy is so fast I have to ask the dog where he is even with a noise collar bell.

His favorite new thing is to sit in the window and shake and quiver all over.  He is so excited over our surfing squirrel and Costco Chipmunks.

We have a simple birdhouse in the backyard that Brad and Stephi refill faithfully every week.  Often I look out my window and see the squirrel walking across our fence, jump over to the birdhouse, balance on top and move side to side as though surfing.  The birdseed falls to the ground and off he goes to feast on his next meal.

In the meantime, the birdseed bag cannot be carried as there is a small hole nibbled at the bottom by a pair of chipmunks.  We call them Costco Chipmunks as they come and go getting tons of food for less. 

Many would call all these beasts pests, but somehow they bring us a bit of joy and a smile during days when joy and smiles can be so hard to find. 

Sending hugs to you!
Sherri




No comments:

Post a Comment