Monday, January 25, 2016

Snowcation 2016

We’re on our 3rd day of our 'Snowcation!'  I’ve actually run out of pjs to wear, so I’m gonna have to do some laundry. 

True to form, the local media stirred panic with their week long special reports, “the sky is falling, make sure you fill you house floor to ceiling with water, bread and butter”.  I’ve always wondered,

What can you do with bread, water and butter?

My cart was filled with a couple of steaks, a pot roast and some wine…that seemed more practical.  While others were panicked about being stuck at home, I was planning romantic dinners, movies, and a contingency that if electricity gave out, a cozy fire and candles.

 Colleagues outside of the area called to share their concern for us...so sweet!  I assured them, all was well. Couples and families will have much needed time together….and the proof will be the baby boom in about 10 months.


Brad's car is a great decoration...it ain't goin anywhere!

I pulled the car into the garage just as the snow started to fall.  24 hours later, it was still falling and the street disappeared.  Brad left his car out...here's what happened to his black car.

Brad and I shoveled 5 times on Saturday, 3 times on Sunday, and today our goal will be to break through the 4 foot wall that stands between us and the street.

 

I took this time to do a little cleaning out.   

My first project was the records drawers in our basement.  Earlier this week, I worked on our taxes, so as I went through the drawers,  I  took out my tax returns from 2008 to destroy them;  At that moment there was a lump in my throat as I realized there is only 1 more year that Joshua will be listed as my child.  While he will always be my child, the IRS will no longer care.   Ugh…it seemed like a “nothing” moment, yet, I felt those tears. 

Gotta snap out of it!  I turned my attention to some piles nearby and found some Josh treasures within.  School reports, artwork.  What a gift!

I finished what I was doing for the day and came upstairs just as Joshua's favorite football player, Peyton Manning was on the tv celebrating his team's victory!  We get to see Peyton and the Broncos in the Super Bowl again.  Oh my gosh, Josh was would be doing a happy dance.  I did it for him!

I went to bed that night with my electric blanket wrapped around me and slept like a rock.

When I woke up,  I took Alex for a walk on the street;  The only spot to walk.  Alex was so happy to stretch his legs.  It was a beautiful with the sun rising upon our quiet street.   I was alone with my thoughts when   I felt the urge to look up.  Joshua's bedroom was lit.   We hadn't turned it on, so I knew that in the stillness of the morning, Josh was taking the moment to say “Good Morning!"

There is always music amongst the trees in the garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.  ~Minnie Aumonier


Joshua 2003

Stay Safe and Warm!

Hugs!
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment