Monday, December 9, 2013

Twinkle twinkle

Our little Christmas tree is up and spinning.  I hope it keeps twinkling and spinning;  I took extraordinary measures to keep Stealth kitty away.  I put pinecones under the tree because someone said cats don't like the feel of them, I sprayed STAY AWAY on the branches, and lathered Vaseline on the light wires per recommendations from Facebook friends.  Word to the wise Stealth Kitty...stay away from those wires.


The tree was today's only achievement even though I stayed home from work;  I wasn’t sick, just incredibly tired after Joshua's 5K.

Doctors warn that grief causes energy levels to bottom out, and stamina, becomes a memory.  I have found that to be true for us.  We’re three years into this journey and both Brad and I start clock watching at 9:00 pm waiting for 10:00 to hit so we can fall asleep without disgrace.

When the big dates come around like Joshua's birthday and Angelversary, or the epilepsy/sudep events are over, I find myself ready to collapse.  It’s usually not the day after the event, but a couple of days later once the adrenalin wears off!

Today was that day!  I woke up to take a shower and then I just knew I needed to hit the covers again and sleep.  When I woke up a couple of hours later,  I put up the little tree we decorate with White House ornaments and patriotic ornaments, dressed up the stairwell in ribbons and bows and set up my newest decoration.
I'm trying.....See if you can tell what I’m seeking this Christmas Season.

 
Hugs,
Sherri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment