Monday, July 8, 2013

My mind today


I have finally joined the data plan generation. 

First of all, thank you to all of you who worked out the kinks over the last few years.  My phone is awesome and I love it!  While it is sad to see my cute little red phone sitting there looking at me next to my humongous pink mini tablet, I know we have nothing but great memories together and are parting on great terms.  It will likely end up in hands of a serviceman abroad thanks to one of the great charities that send cellphones to soldiers to help them stay in touch with those they love.


Oh, btw….I wanted a red case, but they don’t have them yet, so I had to go with pink.

It has been a great distraction for me this week learning how to use my phone.  I am in desperate need of a vacation, as the stress knots in my shoulder keep telling me, so I stay distracted to pass the time until it happens.  To make matters more interesting, Stephi’s car refused to start while she was at the grocery store and I had to go pick her up, come home to figure out what to do, arrange roadside, wait 40 minutes, arrange towing, was forgotten by the tow, had to remind the towing company, and waited another 40 minutes while in the meantime running pup to the kennel since he’s not allowed at darling Sammy’s wedding this week in Ohio.
 
Notice I said Wedding….not a funeral, but an actual happy celebration!!! Bring it on!  I am so ready, I even got a new hair do and I am ready to dance the night away.

Would you look at that stunning white fluffy clouds in the clear blue sky?  Gorgeous!
 
The knot is still there…..OUCH!  Where is that cute phone that does everything?

Did you know you can tell my new phone to find all kinds of information and she will do it?  I may have gone too far when I told my pink phone I loved her.  She loves me too.  I think this is the start of a great friendship.
 
Towing fees, roadside fees, diagnostics fee. The electrician who’s supposed to rewire us a bit so we can keep the lights on when we blow dry our hair didn’t show up again…. Ugh, the knot is still there.  I went to the massage angel and she helped a bit, but it is a serious knot .

I have really missed my Joshie this week!  It has been a crazy mixed emotion week with laying his classmate Bennett to rest on Monday, and all the great happenings in the world of SUDEP.  Real SUDEP conferences, real SUDEP information, real support for the SUDEP cause!  I should be ecstatic and I truly am;  I just wish we were one of the families benefiting from SUDEP research, or tools such as EMFIT monitors.
 
That knot sure is deep.

I found Britt downstairs the other night looking through all photos and videos. She found some videos that have Josh talking in the background.  It was like uncovering a long lost treasure.  I wasn’t even looking at first; just heard that voice and in a split millisecond knew who it was.  My heart did a little flip and I was right back there with all three Newmanettes.
 
I was actually sitting there playing with my new phone and listening to his voice.  Now when I look at my phone I will associate it with his darling voice.  Oh and guess what is my first photo attachment.  A photo of all three Newmanettes!




Gotta love technology.  It allows a part of your past to bring you a smile in your present.


Now, where is my kindle?

Hugs!
 Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment