Friday, April 19, 2013

Walking for Josh - 2013 National Walk for Epilepsy


I’m running around the house frantically cleaning and watching the clock, to make sure I have time to take a shower, and run to the store for the wine and goodies we’ll need this weekend.  It’s the day before the National Walk for Epilepsy!  Our third time walking without Josh.....I’m trying not to focus on the sadness it brings, but rather concentrate on the good we’re doing for epilepsy awareness.

Once again our friends will show up at our side to hold our hands and walk with us.  Oh, how we need their strength and love during this time!!!  This includes my two sisters of different mothers who will race in from Ohio to walk with us, and also offer our annual toast in our angel glasses to one sweet and ornery boy who touched our lives so deeply.

It’s one of those rare times each year when we get to talk about Joshua’s antics and laugh til it hurts. It’s so nice to hear his name in normal conversation.  During these moments, it’s more like he’s grown and moved somewhere rather than taken from us by SUDEP.
The weather once again looks iffy. The first year we woke up to snow on the ground but just as the walk began, the clouds parted and we had a gorgeous day.  The second year was chilly again but we tore off clothing with each step as the sun once again showed.  This year fresh on the tail of a gorgeous week, a cold front with gusts and rain is gathering outside.  Sigh, if I had my druthers, I would wish for a gorgeous day of 70 ish with sunshine, but just like this whole journey, nothing has been as I would wish it to be.  It makes us great at “off the cuff” responses.

No matter what is thrown our way, we’ll bundle up, strip down, do whatever it takes to show our support to those who continue to live with epilepsy. 
So now I gotta go grab a shower, run to the store, finish cleaning so I can meet my friends at the door, act like I’ve done nothing all day. 

Our goal for today?  Avoid spilling our wine as we laugh til it hurts. 


Hugs!
Sherri

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Love. May it be a weekend of laughter and cleansing tears. Joshua Smiles.

    ReplyDelete