Sunday, November 18, 2012

30 Minutes

Today has been such an emotional day.....

First thing this morning, I was sitting at my desk when I felt a familiar touch on my shoulder.   I  turned around to find Brad holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me to celebrate our 21st anniversary.    Ahhhhhhh! What a great way to start my day!

After work, I was on my way home when I looked over at our community pool to see several familiar faces wearing bright green tshirts with Joshua's name on them.  Oh yea, it's tshirt pickup day for Joshua's Walk!  I stopped to pick up our tshirts and visit for a few minutes.... It was so uplifting seeing everyone, and feel the positive energy surrounding them.   These families are helping my heart heal and they don't even realize it.



I was still feelin all warm and fuzzy when I came home to yet another lovely bouquet of flowers from Brad.  In that moment, I could feel God's blessings!

Later that evening, when I found myself reminiscing about this same night two years ago, I  realized it was 30 minutes before I saw Josh for the last time.  Talk about a loaded memory....
We were horsing around in the family room and it was approaching time for him to hit the sack..

I found myself replaying those 30 minutes in my head and I wondered....If I knew then what I know now, what would I have done differently with those 30 minutes?
I would do everything I did exactly the same as I did.... The horsing around, the laughing, feeling the weight of Josh jumpin on me, tickling him like crazy and hearing the giggling screams of aggravation from his sister.

Well almost everything....instead of saying goodnight and watching him in the doorway, I would have tucked Josh in his bed and cuddled with him until he fell asleep.  Then I would have cuddled with him until I wasn't allowed to cuddle with him anymore.

I have received some great words of wisdom such as "Enjoy your high school years,"  "Make your college years your own,"   "Enjoy your kids because they grow up so quickly," AND the well known, "Always say I Love You to those you love!"

So,  here's a question for you....

If you knew you and your loved one only had thirty minutes together, how would you spend it?
What was your answer?  Well, here are my words of wisdom, acquired from great loss....Get off your computer, ipad, phone, etc. and GO DO IT!

Wishing You Many Happy Memories and No Regrets this week of Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment